Photobucket

Friday, May 23, 2008

Tick Season...ugh

Tick

Aren't they the most prettiest creature you have ever seen??? NOT!! I woke up this morning and Addison and I were playing on my bed. Yesterday she had taken a tumble on the gravel road and scraped up her face pretty good and her knees too. Well as we were playing I noticed something dark in the top of her ear, I thought 'hmm wonder how she got blood in her ear'. I then got her to lay down on my lap so I could take a better look. I stuck my finger in her ear to try to clean in out but to my surprise it was a bug. A tick to be exact!! I freaked out, brought her downstairs for Kyle to look at it. He got the tweezers to try to move it and it was stuck there. Not really knowing what to do, and knowing that if the tick is removed and the head is in here ear that that can be really bad. So I packed her up and off to the hospital we went. Once there they sent us to the clinic, cause there were no Dr there. Well after chasing her around the clinic for about an hour we were finally seen by the Doctor. I had always been told that you should burn the tick or drown it in oil to get it out. But all of that is wrong. If you do that then the tick get agitated and will regurgitate its stomach back into your body. The doctor took these fancy looking tweezers and grabbed it. It was a monster of a bug, about the size of my pinky finger nail. Sooo that is how i spent my Friday morning. I have decided not to let my kids go outside to play anymore and if so they are going to be in a big plastic bubble!! lol

3 comments:

PeavoyMom said...

Eeeewww! That is so yucky! You poor thing, I imagine that was one of those things that was worse for Mommy than the kid! I don't think I could have handled that as calmly as you did!

Cherri Marsden Wright said...

Glad you were able to take care of that Sis! But now I will NEVER come to visit! LOL
I love your wallpaper here it is pretty but it sucks trying to read through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWalburger said...

Gross! Now I will not let Samantha outside without some good bug spray to keep the ticks away. No mosquitos out yet, but I guess I will have to spray her anyways.